Garlic Rosemary Rib-eye Caps
- 4 (8-ounce) rib-eye caps, tied with butcher twine
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 - 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 small sprigs of rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pat rib-eye caps dry. Rub each with a small amount of vegetable oil, just enough to create a very light coat. Season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. As soon as the pan starts to smoke, place steaks in skillet. Let sear for 3 minutes, then flip. Sear for 2 minutes on another side. then add 2 - 3 tablespoons of butter and let it melt for a few seconds.
4. Add smashed garlic and rosemary. Once garlic and rosemary have cooked for about 30 seconds, start spooning the butter onto the steaks. After another 30 seconds, transfer hot skillet to oven.
5. Bake in the oven for 3 minutes, spoon more butter mixture onto the steaks and continue to cook until desired doneness, about 2 more minutes for medium-rare.
6. Remove from oven, transfer steaks to a cutting board, pour butter over steaks (including the garlic and rosemary) and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Remove twine and enjoy. Serves 4 - 8.