Grilled Rib-eyes with Gorgonzola Sauce
FOR THE STEAKS
- 4 Wagyu Rib-eye Steaks
- Salt & pepper to taste
FOR THE GORGONZOLA SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 2 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup pecorino-Romano cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper, coarse ground
1. Temper your steaks. Either leave them at room temperature for 1 hour or, better yet, put them in a vacuum sealed bag and put them in 105 degree water for 1 hour.
2. Make the sauce: Saute garlic in butter over medium heat until it starts to turn golden and smell fragrant, about one minute. Add the flour and whisk constantly until it becomes a blonde roux, about 3-4 minutes. Whisk in the cream and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Fold in the cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper. Keep warm.
3. Preheat a grill to 500 degrees.
4. Grill the steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Grill 4 minutes per side or until the steaks reach an internal temperature of 125-130 degrees for medium rare.
5. Rest the steaks for 10 minutes.
6. Crumble some extra Gorgonzola cheese on the steaks and pour some of the sauce over each. Serve the steaks.