Lamb Racks With Garlic and Rosemary
- 4 lamb racks (with 3 cutlets per rack)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 long sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons mint sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees °C. Trim any excess fat from the lamb racks. Cut small slits in the top of the lamb with a small, sharp knife. Insert slices of garlic and small pieces of rosemary into the slits. Sit the lamb on a plate.
2. Whisk together the honey, wholegrain mustard and mint sauce then brush over the lamb racks. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes in a cool place.
3. Put the lamb racks into a baking dish and spoon on any sauce that may be left behind on the plate. Bake for 20 minutes for medium–rare, or until cooked to your liking, basting a couple of times during cooking with the honey mustard mixture.
4. Remove from the oven and allow standing, covered, in a warm place for 10 minutes to allow the juices to be absorbed back into the meat. At this stage you can either cut the lamb into individual cutlets or leave the rack intact and serve as is.