Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 lbs. Snake River Farms Wagyu Ground Beef
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- Tomato slices
- 4 Kaiser rolls
1. Prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400 degrees. Place a small skillet on the grill and add the olive oil. Heat the oil until it begins to shimmer then add the shallot slices and spread them out evenly.
2. Allow the shallots to cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring periodically and adding water as needed to keep them from drying out. Once the shallots are nicely caramelized, remove them from the grill and set them aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and balsamic vinegar and blend well. Refrigerate the balsamic ketchup until ready to use.
4. Form ground beef in to eight ¼ inch thick patties and add 1 tbsp. shredded mozzarella to the center of four patties.
5. Top each of the four patties with an additional patty and pinch edges to seal. Season both sides of the patties liberally with Kosher salt and ground black pepper.
6. Place the burger patties on the grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 140 degrees for medium, topping each one with a single slice of cheddar cheese during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
7. Remove the burger patties from the grill. Spread balsamic ketchup on both sides of the buns, place lettuce and tomato slices on each bottom bun, and top with a burger patty. Top the patties with three slices of bacon and caramelized shallots, add the top bun, and serve immediately.