- Certified Angus Beef ®
- USDA Prime grade beef
- Superior muscling
- Black and black baldy Angus for superior marbling
- Corn-fed for exceptional flavor
- Raised and finished in the USA
- Visually appealing beef
- Product ships frozen and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
This steak is known for its outstanding flavour and good marbling. While not as tender as rib eye, it's leaner and offers a beefier flavour. A striploin steak is the perfect middle ground between the tenderloin and ribeye steak. It boasts a melt-in-your-mouth texture experience, but is still juicy and has a potently 'beefy' flavour.
ABOUT IOWA PREMIUM ANGUS
Iowa Premium Angus Sets a New Standard when it comes to Rich, Bold and Savory Beef. Our well-marbled, flavorful beef stems from the farming heritage and its set of native resources —deep rich topsoil, temperate climate and plentiful rainfall. These are the perfect conditions for farm families, fields of corn and Black Angus cattle to thrive — the trifecta when it comes to flavorful tender, premium beef.
Try turning the steak over on its side to cook the fat first. This must be done on a very hot pan. The fat melts and juices are left on the fan. Then cook either side of the steak in the juices. The fat is where a lot of the flavour is.
Grilling / Pan frying / Roasting / Pan-seared
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
This product was prepared from inspected and passed meat and/or poultry. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw meat and poultry separated from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw meat or poultry.
- Store in the freezer.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
Roast New York Strip Loin
- 1/2 Strip Loin approx. 6-7 lbs.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. coarse ground pepper
- Dry the meat with paper towels and rub the fresh garlic over the meat. Rub with olive oil. Add salt and pepper all over the roast, pressing salt and pepper with your hands so it adheres to the meat
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Set the roast on a rack in a roasting pan (fat side up) and put into a preheated 450 degree F oven for 15 minutes (be sure the oven has been preheated)
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees F and continue roasting until your meat thermometer reads...
- 120 - 125 degrees for rare (about 30 minutes)
- 125 - 130 degrees for medium-rare (about 35-40 minutes)
- 135 - 140 degrees for medium (about 40-50 minutes)
Slow Cooker Red Wine Striploin Roast Beef
- One 3-4 pounds Striploin Prime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion
- 3-4 large russet potatoes cubed into small pieces
- 2 large stalks of celery
- 2-3 large carrots sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
Red Wine Sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine - Merlot works well
- 2 cups strong beef broth ( use 1 1/2 cubes for 2 cups water)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
Salted Butter Herb Crust
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste or minced garlic (use1 tbsp if you love garlic)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- If you would like to cook larger vegetables, skip the first two steps and leave your roast in the fridge. Simply start cooking the vegetables in the red wine sauce 2 hours earlier, then add the seared roast in later.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the striploin roast in the skillet and sear the roast on all sides, until browned.
- Place the onions in the bottom of the crockpot, then add the roast on top of them in the crock pot fat side up. Place all of the remaining assorted vegetables around the roast.
- Whisk together the red wine sauce. Pour over the roast and vegetables.
- Cook the roast on low for 2 1/2- 3 hours. When the roast reaches an internal temperature of 120, preheat your oven to broil.
- Combine the Salted Herb Butter Crust ingredients together. Remove the roast from the crockpot using two forks or tongs and place on a baking sheet. Slather the butter mixture on top of the roast.
- Place the roast in the oven and broil for 5-8 minutes until the outside of the roast has become crispy and browned. Remove and tent with foil for 10 minutes while you prepare the gravy.
- To make the gravy, take the red wine broth from the crockpot and place in a saucepan. Whisk 2 tbsp of cornstarch in with 1/3 cup of water. Bring the red wine sauce to a boil. Whisk in as much cornstarch slurry as needed until the sauce thickens.
- Slice the roast and serve with the vegetables and gravy.