FRENCH PORK BELLY BONE IN (INIHAW CUT)
- Weight: 1/2" thickness per pc (1kg per pack)
- Quality French Meat
- No artificial ingredient
- Product ships frozen and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
As the name implies, pork belly is taken from the belly of the pig – this means it has a very high-fat content, which gives the meat a lot of flavors. Traditionally pork belly has always favored slow-cooking methods – this allows the fat to render into the meat over time, leaving the resulting flesh moist and tender.
ABOUT ROUSSALY LACAUNE
Roussaly takes pride in their “Butcher” know-how in Lacaune, France since 1971. Their long experience in pig cutting, respect for hygienic conditions, and speed, as well as their infrastructure dedicated exclusively to the cutting and storage of pigs allow the business to offer its customers the best of French Pork.
Wrap and chill the cooked pork belly overnight before slicing. This has two benefits: it’s much easier to slice and stays together beautifully when crisping up in a pan. Be sure to use a heavy-bottomed, oven-proof pan or skillet for roasting
Grilled / sautéed / roasted / cooked in sauce
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
This product was prepared from inspected and passed meat and/or poultry. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw meat and poultry separated from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw meat or poultry.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
Oven Roasted Crispy Pork Belly by Pinch and Swirl
- 1 pound skinless pork belly
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- a few grinds of black pepper
- Season pork belly with salt sugar and a few grinds of black pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roast pork belly for 30 minutes in a heavy, oven-safe pan or skillet, fat side up. Reduce heat to 275°F and roast for an hour or more, until tender but not mushy. (Larger pieces of pork belly will take longer. Our one-pound belly was done after an hour at 275°F.)
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate until chilled through – at least a few hours and up to 2 days.
- Once chilled, slice into thick pieces and brown in a skillet on the stovetop until crisp. Enjoy alone or in soups, salads, pasta sauces, ramen, and more!