USDA GRADE RIB EYE CHOICE LIP ON
- Thickness: ¾ inch
- Weight: 1 slice per pack (300-350gms)
- 100% natural, no added hormones
- USDA Choice grade steaks
- Steaks are individually wrapped
- Product ships frozen and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
One of the best-known steaks and a favorite at steakhouses everywhere, ribeye steaks are rich, juicy and full-flavored with generous marbling throughout. Though less so than Prime, USDA Choice beef is highly marbled. This gives it great flavor and tenderness. Choice beef is perfect for roasting, grilling, or simmering on the stovetop.
ABOUT STERLING SILVER FARMS:
Sterling Silver is trusted by more than 14,000 premiere and internationally-renowned chefs for its unparalleled flavor, texture, and tenderness. Sterling Silver is committed to providing premium ingredients for meals by hand-picking every single cut that begins at their ranch in Nebraska and continues all the way into your plate.
Resting steak is important because the heat of cooking pulls the juices in the meat toward the surface; if you slice into it immediately after cooking, those flavorful juices will end up on your plate, not in your steak. Allowing your steak to rest will give the juices time to sink back in and throughout the meat, keeping it moist and flavorful.
Grill / Broil / Skillet / Smoke / Roast / Sous Vide
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
This product was prepared from inspected and passed meat and/or poultry. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw meat and poultry separated from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw meat or poultry.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
Butter-Basted Rib Eye Steaks by Food and Wine
- Two 1 1/4-pound, Rib-eye Choice Lip-on Steaks
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Season the rib eye steaks all over with salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the meat stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Add the steaks and cook over high heat until crusty on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the steaks and add the butter, thyme, garlic, and rosemary to the skillet.
- Cook over high heat, basting the steaks with the melted butter, garlic and herbs until the steaks are medium-rare, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the steaks then slice the meat across the grain and serve.
Rib-eye Choice Steak by Food Network
- 4 choice Rib-eye steak
- Rib-eye rub, recipe follows
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Chili powder
- Cayenne powder
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Place rib-eye steaks on a large platter and season with rub on all sides. Transfer seasoned steaks to the hot grill, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, longer if desired. Remove steaks and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, to taste. Adjust the ratio of spices to your preference.