Blue Cod Fish
- Superior Grading
- Blast frozen at source
- Imported from New Zealand
- Sustainably caught
- Gourmet Dining from Home
- 100% natural, no added hormones
- Product ships frozen and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
Glossy, moist and evenly textured, the white flesh of the Chatham Blue cod is firm yet fine, breaking off into lush, clean, well defined flakes. With a delicate sweetness and fresh, subtle oceanic tang, it’s just how you imagine cold water wild fish should taste. Our Chatham Island Blue Cod is blast frozen to capture the superb flavour, freshness & texture of our champion fish.
ABOUT CHATAMS BRAND:
Chatams Brand produce & deliver premium seafood from our pristine waters to domestic & international markets. Today Chathams brand exports Island seafood all over New Zealand and the world, with a continued focus on quality and value adding.
Thin proteins like blue cod, which will need only 5-8 minutes to cook, can be ruined unless the rest of the ingredients have been par-cooked in advance.
Pan frying / Baking / Grilling / Broiling / Poaching
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
This product was prepared from inspected and passed seafood. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in the refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw seafood separated from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw seafood.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
Chatham Blue Thai Fish Cakes
- 600g Chatham Blue Cod
- Red Curry Paste.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Lime. Finely grate the zest.
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1/2 cup Coriander. Roughly chopped.
- 4 tsp Fish Sauce.
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Coconut oil or Rice Bran oil. To fry.
- Combine fish, egg, lime zest, coriander, Red Curry Paste or curry, fish sauce and sugar in a food processor and pulse 4 or 5 times to a coarse paste.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy-based frypan and, working in batches, shallow-fry tablespoons of the mixture over a medium heat until springy to the touch and cooked through (about 2 minutes each side). They can be made a few hours in advance, chilled until needed and reheated in the oven for 5 minutes.
- These are lovely served with a dipping sauce - just mix a little sweet chilli and soy together. Enjoy!
Crumbed Chatham Blue
- 2 x Blue cod fillets
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 egg (Egg mix)
- 3/4 cup of milk (Egg mix)
- 3/4 cup of panko crumbs (crumb mix)
- 1/2 cup of sesame seeds (crumb mix)
- Zest of one lemon (crumb mix)
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon to serve
- Chop the fillets in half.
- Pat dry fillets.
- Mix up your bowls for dipping your fish in. (Flour, Egg mix, Crumb mix)
- Dip in a bowl of flour (your choice of flour)
- Dip in your egg mix (whisked egg & milk)
- Dip in your crumb mix (Panko crumb, sesame seeds, lemon zest and salt and pepper)
- Fry up in butter and olive oil.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and your favourite salad (or chunky fries)