KOREAN STYLE BEEF SHORTRIBS BONE-IN (L.A Galbi Cut)
- Thickness: 3/8 inch
- Weight: 1kg
- Upper 2/3 Graded Choice by the USDA
- Superior Marbling
- Aged a minimum of 21 days
- USDA Certified Tender
- Sourced from five facilities
- Product ships frozen and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
Our Korean-style short ribs are thick, meaty, and visually inviting. These tender ribs offer excellent beef flavor and dining pleasure. Short ribs are particularly popular in Chinese, Jewish and Korean cooking. It’s also popular in North American and European restaurants which makes them a great centerpiece for global and fusion dishes.
ABOUT STERLING SILVER FARMS:
Sterling Silver is trusted by more than 14,000 premiere and internationally-renowned chefs for its unparalleled flavor, texture, and tenderness. Sterling Silver is committed to providing premium ingredients for meals by hand-picking every single cut that begins at their ranch in Nebraska and continues all the way into your plate.
Most Asian markets sell sliced beef short ribs, or kalbi, to use in Korean barbecue. If you opt to cut them yourself, aim to make them as thin as possible—placing the short ribs in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing and using a sharp knife helps.
Grill / Broil / Skillet / Smoke / Roast / Sous Vide / Braise
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
This product was prepared from inspected and passed meat and/or poultry. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw meat and poultry separated from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw meat or poultry.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
LA Galbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs) by My Korean Kitchen
- 800g/1.8 pounds LA Galbi meat (Korean-style short ribs)
- 7 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 ½ Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice wine
- 2 Tbsp grated apple (Royal gala, fuji or pink lady is suitable. However if you can substitute the apple with Korean/Nashi pear that is even better)
- 2 Tbsp grated onion
- 1 ½ Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 tsp minced ginger
- 4 sprinkles of ground black pepper
- Soak the meat in cold water for 1 hour to get rid of the blood. Change the water a couple of times as it releases debris (blood and floating fat).
- While waiting, mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. (You can use a blender to quicken the process).
- One hour later, pat-dry the meat with some kitchen paper. Then put it into a sealable container. Pour out the sauce onto the meat and mix them with a spoon to thoroughly season. Close the lid.
- Marinade the meat for at least 3 to 4 hours in the fridge. Turn the meat over a couple of times during marination, so that the meat gets seasoned thoroughly. (You can also marinade overnight in the fridge to give extra tenderness and flavor. It does make a difference.)
- Take out the meat from the fridge 15 to 30 mins prior to cooking.
- Cook the meat (on a BBQ grill or a skillet or in the oven) and when both sides of the meat are cooked per your preference, serve and enjoy!