DUSTED BABY SQUID
- Weight: 300gms per pack
- Wild Caught
- Sustainably Harvested
- HACCP Certified processing facility
- Single Frozen, Processed in USA
- Product ships frozen and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
Lightly Dusted Calamari with Tentacles. Natural skin on with wings, tips, and tentacles in a simple, lightly dusted coating. ready for you to deep fry for approximately 2-3 minutes until golden brown. This menu classic is always a winner.
ABOUT PACIFIC WEST SEAFOOD:
From classic seafood favorites to new products developed in response to changing consumer tastes, Pacific West’s extensive range of value-added seafood offers versatility and efficiency to commercial kitchens of all sizes. Designed in collaboration with chefs to be cooked from frozen, their products leave plenty of room for your unique creative signature.
It cooks fast, literally in seconds while stir-frying over high heat. This means that once the baby squid has become opaque, cooking it any further means squid becomes tough and rubbery-totally the opposite of what it should be, which is soft and tender to the bite.
Best enjoyed sautéed or deep-fried.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
This product was prepared from inspected and passed seafood. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw seafood separated from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw seafood.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
Baby Squid in Olive Oil by Contadina
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup garlic
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 500 g baby squid
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- Sauté garlic in the pan until lightly golden.
- Add in the chili flakes and squid.
- Add the lemon juice then season with salt.
- Remove the squid from the pan then cook off the juices from the squid until just the oil remains.
- Add back the squid then toss in the parsley.