LEMON PEPPER SQUID
- Weight: 300gms per pack
- Wild Caught
- Sustainably Harvested
- HACCP Certified processing facility
- Single Frozen, Processed in USA
- Product ships frozen and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
Bite-size pieces of succulent squid covered in a citrus lemon and Black pepper coating deep-fried for that crispy golden finish. Squid is very versatile seafood that is served in cuisines around the world. Try sautéing squid in an infused olive oil and serve with chopped tomatoes and capers, or stuff and bake the tubes, or add it to any seafood stew. This Lemon Pepper Squid is mild and has a subtle sweetness with a firm yet tender texture.
ABOUT PACIFIC WEST SEAFOOD:
From classic seafood favorites to new products developed in response to changing consumer tastes, Pacific West’s extensive range of value-added seafood offers versatility and efficiency to commercial kitchens of all sizes. Designed in collaboration with chefs to be cooked from frozen, their products leave plenty of room for your unique creative signature.
Squid must be cooked for either a very short time or a very long time. Anything in between turns it very rubbery. Two minutes over high heat is plenty. Beyond that will require at least 30 minutes to an hour to re-tenderize it.
While most people are familiar with breaded and fried calamari rings, squid is also great in pasta, salads, and soups.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
This product was prepared from inspected and passed seafood. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw seafood separated from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw seafood.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
Calamari Fries by Pacific Seafood
- 300 grams Lemon Pepper Squid
- 1 cup Flour
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Canola oil for frying
- Lemon wedges
- Heat canola oil to 360°F.
- Slice the squid against the grain, into strips.
- Dredge the strips in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, then the beaten egg, then in panko.
- Fry for 20 seconds, until crispy and golden.
- Drain on wire rack.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with your favorite cocktail sauce.