POPCORN OREGON COLDWATER SHRIMP
- Weight: 300gm per pack
- Wild Caught
- Sustainably Harvested
- MSC & BRC Certified
- Single Frozen, Processed in the USA
- Fully Cooked and Peeled
- Product ships frozen and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
These delicious Popcorn Shrimps are a great starter dish, served with a dipping sauce and light salad. Frozen, raw, peeled Prawns are coated with traditional breadcrumbs.
Harvested from waters off the Oregon Coast, Pacific Seafood’s Coldwater shrimps is one of the world’s most convenient seafood. Highly regarded for their affordability, versatility, and above all clean, sweet flavor, these shrimp are MSC certified and sustainably harvested from April through October each year. These Coldwater shrimp are wild-caught, have a delicate texture, and classic shrimp flavor.
ABOUT PACIFIC WEST SEAFOOD:
From classic seafood favorites to new products developed in response to changing consumer tastes, Pacific West’s extensive range of value-added seafood offers versatility and efficiency to commercial kitchens of all sizes. Designed in collaboration with chefs to be cooked from frozen, their products leave plenty of room for your unique creative signature.
Unlike meat, which is cooked through at around 160 F, shrimp are fully cooked when their little interiors reach 120 F. They'll go from a translucent bluish-green (depending on what type of shrimp you're cooking) to opaque pink. If they curl up into tight little O's, they're overcooked.
Perfect for shrimp cocktails, salads, casseroles, quiches, and omelets, we are sure you will love this fresh, locally harvested Coldwater shrimp.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
This product was prepared from inspected and passed seafood. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw seafood separated from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw seafood.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
Popcorn Shrimp by Tasty
- 1 lb Coldwater shrimp (455 g)
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- In a medium bowl, add seasoned flour ingredients. Mix well.
- Place half of the flour mixture into a large zip lock bag, reserve the rest.
- Add the shrimp to the bag and shake until each shrimp is coated with flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- In a separate bowl, add egg, milk, and cajun seasoning. Mix well.
- Dredge the floured shrimp in the egg mixture, then coat with the fresh seasoned flour mixture.
- Heat oil at 350°F (180°C).
- Fry shrimp for a few minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Mexicali Shrimp Salad by Pacific Seafood
- 1 lb Coldwater shrimp
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 ¼ cups Cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, (Thinly Sliced)
- ½ red onion (diced)
- 2 jalapeno chilies (finely diced, remove seeds and ribs first)
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 tsp honey
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Rinse and drain shrimp; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the salad greens; mix in the tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, red onion, and jalapeños.
- Lightly toss.
- Pour dressing over salad; add the shrimp.
- Gently mix together and chill for 2 hours. Serve!