US CAB RIB EYE PRIME LIP ON
- Thickness: ¾ inch
- Weight: 1 slice per pack (300-350gms)
- 100% natural, no added hormones
- USDA Prime Grade
- Wet-aged 21+ days for improved flavor and texture
- Steaks are individually wrapped
- Product ships frozen and will arrive frozen or partially thawed
A Rib-eye Lip on is basically a prime rib roast without the bones which most meat-lovers find more flavorful because of the two-inch (5 cm) piece of meat called the “lip” that is left on at the end of the rib-eye muscle. Many restaurants now prefer serving a Rib-eye Lip On instead of a prime rib roast because it cooks quickly and is easier to carve.
The highest USDA grade, abundantly marbled Prime beef comes from young, well-fed cattle. Hotels and restaurants often serve Prime, excellent for broiling, roasting, or grilling.
ABOUT EXCEL FRESH MEAT FARMS:
To continue Excel’s leadership in food-quality and food-safety innovations, the farm constantly invests in research, technology, and plant improvements. So, you can trust every Excel® branded product for the superior tenderness and juiciness, rich flavor, and exceptional shelf life you expect.
A Rib-eye Lip on is already a well-marbled cut of beef. This is why some people opt to trim off the lip as a great deal of it is fat but serious beef lovers suggest that trimming should be done after the cooking as the extra fat in the lip is helpful for the meat’s moistness during cooking. The fat makes the flavor more distinctive and richer.
Roasting, Grilling, Pan-frying & Boiling.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
This product was prepared from inspected and passed meat and/or poultry. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw meat and poultry separated from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw meat or poultry.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.