UNCURED APPLEWOOD SMOKED BACON
- Weight: 340gm per pack
- Center cut
- Naturally smoked over real Applewood
- No added nitrates or nitrites
- No artificial flavors or ingredients
This exceptional center-cut uncured bacon is made in small batches and slow smoked over real Applewood to give you an authentic smoky flavor with no artificial colors or additives. It is made with just a touch of turbinado sugar for a perfect balance of sweet and salt.
Ingredients: Pork, water, salt, celery powder
ABOUT NIMAN RANCH
Niman Ranch is known for their all-natural and humanely raised meats. In order to consistently provide their customers with delicious and award-winning pork, they take meticulous care in raising their animals. Their superior genetics, high-quality diet, and strict raising protocols in their pork program result in the unbelievably tender, juicy pork that chefs and home cooks love.Gluten/Nitrate Free.
Separate slices, then cook to desired crispness.
SKILLET: Brown 10 to 12 minutes over medium heat, turning frequently.
MICROWAVE: Use a microwave-safe plate. Cover slices with a paper towel. Cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes for 2 slices. 4 to 5 minutes for 4 slices.
BROILER: Place in broiler-safe pan 4″ below heat for 3 to 4 minutes each side, checking frequently.
OVEN: Bake in an oven-safe pan at 400°F for 12 to 18 minutes. No turning necessary.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
This product was prepared from inspected and passed meat and/or poultry. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw meat and poultry separated from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw meat or poultry.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
Bacon & roast onion salad by BBC Good Food
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges, root left intact
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling (optional)
- A handful of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 slices smoked uncured bacon
- 1 slice of bread, cut into cubes
- 1 Baby Gem lettuce, leaves torn
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Arrange the onion wedges on one side of a baking tray. Drizzle with ½ tbsp of the olive oil and season. Put in the oven and roast for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas in boiling water for 2 mins, drain and rinse in very cold water. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing together another ½ tbsp of the oil, the vinegar, mustard, and seasoning. Turn the onions, and put the bacon slices and bread next to them on the baking tray. Drizzle the remaining oil over the bread. Return the tray to the oven for 12 mins more, until the bacon and bread are golden.
- Put the lettuce and peas in a bowl, add the dressing and toss to combine. Arrange the onion and bread on top. Break up the bacon slightly and scatter over. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, if you like, and eat straight away.